Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Attorneys
Decades of service to North Carolina
Since 1959, our firm, Crumpler Freedman Parker & Witt, has been highly regarded for the quality of representation it provides to our clients. In doing so, it continues a tradition that began when the practice, originally known as Averitt White and Crumpler and later as White and Crumpler, was established. Today, from offices in Winston-Salem, our attorneys serve clients in all levels of state and federal courts throughout North Carolina.
Our outstanding record of achievement
The firm has been involved in groundbreaking cases in the areas of criminal law, medical malpractice, accountant liability, corporate dissolution, and family law, as well as alienation of affections and criminal conversation. Our attorneys were instrumental in convincing the North Carolina Supreme Court that the felony murder rule should not be applied in motor vehicle accidents; we were involved in the first appellate review of the revised Business Corporation Act; and we represented the plaintiff in one of the first cases before the Court of Appeals concerning the Rule 9(j) prefiling requirement in medical malpractice cases.
Our lawyers: effective, aggressive, ethical
Some of the current partners have professional relationships going back 30 years, and they have been practicing together for more than 10 years, primarily in the areas of family law, civil litigation and criminal defense. Together with our associates and legal assistants, they form a powerful legal team. Over the years, lawyers and judges throughout the state of North Carolina have recognized the quality of the attorneys' work. Professional awards and memberships held by current members of the firm include the following:
- North Carolina Board-certified Specialist in Family Law
- North Carolina Board-certified Specialist in Criminal Law
- AV-rating under Martindale Hubbell’s Peer Review Rating™ process*
- Member, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Forsyth County Criminal Defense Attorneys' Lifetime Achievement Award
- Best Lawyers in America guidebook listing (Family Law)
- Best Lawyers in America guidebook listing (Criminal Law and Civil Trial)
- Member, Chief Justice Joseph Branch Inn of Court
- Harvey Lupton Criminal Defense Award
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite
- North Carolina Super Lawyers
Arrange a consultation at our Winston-Salem office
We welcome attorney referrals and inquiries from out-of-state parties with matters in North Carolina courts. If you would like to speak with one of our lawyers, please call toll-free: 866.567.5824 or e-mail our office.
Our Winston-Salem office (at the northeast corner of Main and 3rd streets) provides free parking on the deck below the building. Directions to our offices
*CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of member of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Winston-Salem Trial Lawyers